Sunday 8 May 2011

Why massage?


Whilst I was away in India indulging in a 4 month yoga-athon, I stumbled across an amazing Ayurvedic practioner who rescued my poor over stretched body from crumpling into an exhausted heap. After 8 weeks of ardous exercise I had so much lactic acid in my muscles that I really needed to break it down and start a fresh. I had been busy building up muscle strength and flexibility and had forgotten to pamper and nurture my body at the same time. Eventually I went for a massage to relieve some of my aches and pains.
I had planned to go for massages every week before I left for India, yet had somehow not placed myself upon the massage bed as of yet. I had waited until I was pretty broken before I actually admitted I needed some help.
My massage therapist was a tough Russian woman who worked my muscles and joints with her hands and created a heat that burnt through the blockages. She worked over my whole body and flushed out my system of excess toxins. I felt dazed and spacey when I got up but I could feel that my body felt a revitalized and better already. I felt my body starting to detoxify and could feel the release of toxins in my system. I felt like I had a mini hangover and was flushing out all the bad stuff from my body. I was informed to drink lots of water with lemon juice in it, which helps the detoxification process.
I felt like a new person the next day, I felt energized and rejuvenated and all my aches had disappeared. I was amazed at how much of a difference it was from the day before and from that day onwards I decided to have a massage once a week. I figured that my body was worth it and seen as I was expecting so much from it; all I could do in return was to offer it a bit of pampering. When you are demanding so much from your body, a massage is a simple thing to do in return for all it does for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment